That's my birth order number (also known as a middle child). For the record, I just so happen to share that spot with my mother and Jace. If you've never done any research on birth order and the effect on one's personality it would be worth the Google one day. I read Kevin Leman's book many years ago and would have to agree with most of the psychology especially because I live with an only child!
When I learned that I was pregnant with Ty (and overcame the shock), I immediately realized that Jace and I have the wonderful connection of being number 3 of 4 in a big family. I am a self-proclaimed overlooked middle child. My big sister did things first (make up, puberty) and even my older brother had the honor of being the oldest boy (sports, first to get a CD player). My youngest brother is the baaaaaaaaaby. He was the last one to go to kindergarten and the last one to graduate high school. Let's record him sleeping so we don't forget what a sleeping baby/child looks like. Oh wait! What's that, you say? Now that you mention it, there was another daughter in the Adams family-the third child!
So, maybe I'm exaggerating. I wasn't neglected. I'm sure I had lots of attention....now where are those pictures to prove it??? :)
Seriously. It's really just more fun watching my mom defend herself when I pull the "middle child" card. I think I turned out quite all right!
Onto the purpose of the blog. Jace. Terrible twos. Little brother. Big brother. He has a need to make a name for himself and I completely understand. He is a very tough and aggressive little boy who is a natural "Daddy's boy." We joke that Skylar was everybody's baby. He loved attention from anywhere he could find it. Caiden was a bona fide "Mama's boy" and technically still is. Ty is a "Mama's boy" but is more open to Daddy than Caiden was. Jace is 100% about Daddy. One of his favorite things to tell me is, "Let Daddy do it!" Of course, I always loved that for diaper changing time.
Jace is tough. As with Skylar, he often leaves me scratching my head for methods to work with him. This Johnson Mama is always having to think one step ahead of these testosterone filled ducklings. Two weeks ago, Jace's daycare called me at school to tell me he was sitting in the office because he was being so aggressive and kept hitting other children. (He tells me he was "fighting Chancey.") I walked over (thankfully, daycare is right across the street from my school) and gave him a very stern talk and threatened to bring over the "spank spoon" if we have another problem.
Fast forward to today. Not even an hour ago to be exact. Another daycare phone call. "Mrs. Johnson, I have Jace in the office here and he hit a child in the face with a dinosaur." (Breathe, Dawn, breathe.)
What is it "they" say? Go hard or go home. And that's what Jace does. Now to find a happy medium...

No comments:
Post a Comment