No, no. I'm not referring to nature and springtime. I'm talking about the candy coated whopper goodness that arrives this time of year. Just so happens to be my favorite Easter candy.
My candy splurge began with my 7 year old's Easter egg hunt on Wednesday. "Baby, bring Mommy all your chocolate, please?" Yesterday was Jace's hunt which was also quickly confiscated by the Queen Bee. Today will be another hunt in which I am like a child waiting for Christmas.
Yes, I am THAT teacher that doesn't give out treats because I eat them all. Yes, I am THAT socialistic mother that makes all her children pour all their candy into one bucket so we can all share more candy.
Don't roll your eyes, because you know you do it too! All this candy talk around holidays reminds me of a Johnny Test episode where the kid decides to create a holiday between Easter and Halloween just for candy. It's a pretty genious idea being as candy from Halloween CAN last until Christmas. That candy until Valentine's day and that candy until Easter. It makes sense to have another "holiday" (minus the holy part, I guess) to break the long time between spring and fall.
Johnny Test
With all the candy talk, I most certainly have not forgotten why we celebrate holidays, Easter in particular. I am grateful that I have been forgiven much in my life and will take the opportunity this weekend to reflect on a huge sacrifice made for me. I know that it is my responsibility as a mom to explain the true meaning of Easter to my children even though they can't completely comprehend the enormity of Jesus' death.
Happy Easter to all and to all a good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment